Mango Chutney Recipe With Baked Brie
Easy to cook recipe. You can serve this Mango Chutney Baked Brie as an appetizer for dinner with friends or family.
Brie (/briː/; French: [bʁi]) is a soft cow’s-milk cheese named after Brie, the French region from which it originated (roughly corresponding to the modern département of Seine-et-Marne).
Brie Cheese – this cheese has pale in color with a slight grayish tinge under a rind of white mold. The rind is typically eaten, with its flavor depending largely upon the ingredients used and its manufacturing environment. The real Brie that you can find in France is very different from the cheese seen in United States. It is unstandardized and has a complex flavor when the surface turns into more a brown color.
Ingredients for Mango Chutney Recipe with Baked Brie :
- one (2.2 pound) wheel Brie cheese
- two teaspoons ground curry powder
- one (12 ounce) jar mango chutney
- one cup chopped cashews
- one French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
Instructions for mango chutney recipe cooking:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle curry powder over top and sides of Brie; rub the curry powder into the rind to thoroughly coat the surface.
- Place the Brie wheel in a large pie plate or oven proof dish.
- Spread a generous layer of chutney over the top, and evenly sprinkle with cashews.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cashews are slightly golden and cheese inside the rind is melted.
Prep time: 10min
Cook Time : 20 min
Total time: Around 30 min
- Serve with slices of French baguette.
- To serve, cut into wedges with serrated
- Can be server as appetizer. Can be combined with crackers.
- As additional you can use Marcona almonds. They are original from Spain but you can find now in every good nuts shop.